Whitening our teeth is becoming more and more popular as people try to get that super bleached white look. Using dentist bleaches and whitening strips often strips the enamel off the teeth if you over do it. People have lost teeth because of it and needed root canal work done (that is a no, no) see video below.
Ok here we go, we have collected a few ways to do this from our travels.
1) Baking Soda and Lemon, The chemicals in the baking soda and the citrus in the lemon react to give a whitening smile. Baking soda is also slightly gritty so it can clean like very mild sandpaper. Place the mixture on a toothbrush and brush normally.
2) Baking soda and Hydrogen Peroxide, this is usually the home remedy of choice. Use a small amount of each mixed together put on a toothbrush and use as normal.
3) Coconut Pulling, yes again the mighty coconut. Place a spoonful of coconut oil in your mouth and swish about for 5 – 20 minutes. You can add a few drops to a toothbrush and brush it on too. Don’t forget this is great for your gums as coconut oil is antimicrobial.
4) Apple Cider Vinegar, this can take up to a month to work but is less aggressive than baking soda. You do have to use it regularly and be very consistent. Use like normal toothpaste but be warned it can strip enamel, to eliminate the striping of the enamel you will have to brush with toothpaste straight after the vinegar. (I imagine you would anyway, have you tasted the vinegar?)
5) Orange and Lemon Peels, you rub these directly on the teeth but again they contain acid so regular brushing afterwards is essential to remove the acid or your enamel will start to wear.
6) Strawberries, this is one I haven’t used before. Mash strawberries up in a bowl and use as a toothpaste leave on for 2 or 3 minutes. Then rinse with water and brush with toothpaste. A lot of people say this works straight away. I haven’t tried it yet though so please leave a comment if it does.
7) Peelu Plant Fibers, this is available in toothpaste form or you can buy the powder and mix it with toothpaste. This is so gentle you can use it everyday.
8) Toothpaste and Baking Soda, yes applying baking soda with toothpaste will do the trick too. It’s just the same as “Smokers” toothpaste.
The video below explains why you should say no to a Root Canal.
If you know of any more send us a comment or email and i’ll add it to the list
Bless you all
Mako and Hema